Buying a New Laptop - Ideas?

Discussion in 'Computers & Accessories' started by eitan, Aug 10, 2016.

1. eitan

eitan New Member

I'm looking into purchasing a new laptop for my upcoming school year.
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to what brand/model I should go with?
    I'm also open to tablet suggestions if they are really good.

2. ADopeDwarf

ADopeDwarf New Member

More information would be needed.
    School year? College? Degree? Portability? Battery life? Size? How long before you get an upgrade? Price range?
    This is only a small amount of questions that would need answering as well as many others. You can spend from 100 on an 8"win tablet that will do the basic to over 1000 that is a hybrid like the surface pro that will do everything but hardcore gaming. Perhaps you should troll through Amazon and take a trip down to Best Buy and have a look around. Do not buy from there, just look. This is a start. Hope it helps. Google is your friend.

3. erik

erik New Member

Hp,Dell,ASUS, and Lenovo are all good reliable brands. If you want a more specific recommendation, we need to know what you'll be using it for. An English major has different needs than a Computer Science student...

4. shivam

shivam New Member

5. aditya

aditya New Member

first of all it depends on you which brand u prefer and what specs u want but in my opinion you should buy any HP DELL LENOVO laptop as they are reliable brands.

6. Braxton

Braxton New Member

Which software are you planning to use for your school work?

I don't think a tablet will be sufficient for getting school work done, you should most likely go for a laptop.

If you could give more detail about what you're intending to use the laptop for, I can help you better.