Winterizing

Discussion in 'Home & Garden' started by sweetypie, Nov 3, 2015.

1. sweetypie

sweetypie New Member

I would really like some advice on how to properly winterize my lawn?

2. slatchman1

slatchman1 New Member

Hi,

There is this amazing gardening centre in Ancaster, Ontario that absolutely has everything and can answer any question regarding your gardening needs! Here's their website: http://www.harpersgardencentre.com/ Feel free to give them a call!

3. sweetypie

sweetypie New Member

Thank you so much for you fast reply, that website was a lot of help and gave me everything I needed to get ready for winter!!!

4. JPEGartifact

JPEGartifact New Member

Winterizing your lawn can take many forms, but chief among them are;
    • removing thatch and debris (yes, until ALL the leaves are gone)
    • aerating (there are some neat spikes you can stomp around your lawn wearing)
    • fertilizing with high-potassium 'winterize' fertilizer
    • spreading cool-weather grass seed
    • covering up with humus, peat, or bedding, what have you to protect your beds over-wintering
    Depending on your location, you'd be able to get most of these from either your local garden centre or hardware store, or check out online pricing.

5. shivam

shivam New Member

Provide some extra air for grass roots by aerating your lawn — taking out spikes of soil across your lawn to make holes for planting seed. Aerating is low-cost maintenance and even if it's the only thing you do for your yard, you should see improvement..this would help help to maintain ur garden better and fresh.

aditya likes this.
  6. aditya

aditya New Member

i can tell one thing that covering the garden with humus it would protect ur beds from over wintering.